How Much Do CIPD Qualifications Cost in Saudi Arabia?
A CIPD qualification has the power to unlock the next stage in your HR or L&D career.
The cost of a CIPD qualification can vary based on a number of factors, from the level you study to how you study it. We’re here to give you an overview of CIPD qualification costs, so you can decide if one of these prestigious qualifications is right for you.
The Different Types of CIPD Qualification
There are three levels of CIPD qualification, known as Level 3, Level 5, and Level 7. These levels roughly relate to the experience level of the student, with the higher levels suitable for more experienced HR or L&D practitioners.
- Level 3 Foundation is ideal for HR or L&D beginners looking for entry-level roles like HR Assistant or Training Practitioner.
- Level 5 Intermediate is suited to those with some HR/L&D experience or a degree looking for mid-level roles like HR Manager or L&D Advisor.
- Level 7 Advanced is set at postgraduate level. It's designed for those with significant HR/L&D experience or an HR degree and prepares you for strategic senior roles like HR Director or L&D Consultant.
Within each of these levels, there are also three lengths of qualification to choose from.
- Diplomas are the most comprehensive and desirable CIPD qualifications, covering everything you need to know to excel in your career. Most students choose the Diploma.
- Certificates are slightly shorter qualifications, covering only essential units from the Diploma.
- Awards are bite-sized courses covering one unit from the Diploma.
These are each individually priced with varying costs for each level. The Certificate is always cheaper than the Diploma at each level, with the largest price difference at Level 7.
How Much Does a CIPD Level 3 Foundation Qualification Cost?
- A CIPD Level 3 Foundation Diploma generally costs between 9,700 SAR and 32,500 SAR.
- A CIPD Level 3 Foundation Certificate generally costs between 7,200 SAR and 30,500 SAR.
- A CIPD Level 3 Foundation Award generally costs between 2,000 SAR and 8,000 SAR.
How Much Does a CIPD Level 5 Intermediate Qualification Cost?
- A CIPD Level 5 Intermediate Diploma generally costs between 13,000 and 50,000 SAR.
- A CIPD Level 5 Intermediate Certificate generally costs between 12,000 SAR and 38,000 SAR.
- A CIPD Level 5 Intermediate Award generally costs between 2,400 SAR and 12,500 SAR.
How Much Does a CIPD Level 7 Advanced Qualification Cost?
- A CIPD Level 7 Advanced Diploma generally costs between 29,000 SAR and 77,000 SAR.
- A CIPD Level 7 Advanced Certificate generally costs between 17,000 SAR and 51,000 SAR.
- A CIPD Level 7 Advanced Award generally costs between 4,800 SAR and 18,000 SAR.
Studying Online or at a College
The mode of study that you choose can also impact the price of your CIPD course. Generally, colleges are more expensive than online courses.
Aside from the price, you should also consider which mode of learning is most suitable for your learning style and other commitments. Learning online can be much more flexible than taking a classroom-based course, which is ideal if you're working full-time or have a family; however, if you'd prefer a more regimented learning style then you may struggle with motivation in a self-led environment.
You can find out more about these methods of studying and how they can impact grades and completion rates by checking out this comparison of online versus classroom learning.
Remember to consider the cost of any textbooks that you’ll be required to buy for a college course. eBooks are supplied with our online CIPD courses at no extra cost, but this may not be the case in a more traditional learning environment.
Additional Costs When Studying CIPD
Throughout the course of your CIPD studies, there will be some additional costs that you’ll want to plan for.
To study your course, submit your assignments, and sit any exams you have, you’ll need to have a student membership with the CIPD.
This incurs an annual fee, so if you’re studying a course that lasts longer than a year then you’ll need to pay a renewal fee. In return, you’ll get access to excellent resources, factsheets, and resources that can really help you in your studies.
The annual cost of a student membership with the CIPD is currently approximately 670 SAR. It’s entirely up to you if you want to progress to a full Associate or Chartered membership when you complete your course.
Many HR professionals find their membership to be an extremely useful resource, as it allows them to access expert guidance on HR and employment law, attend networking events and local CIPD groups, and continue their professional development.
Exam Centre Fees
Exam centre costs vary for those studying outside of the UK. Students sitting their exams at a UK exam centre pay approximately 670 SAR per exam, with the price increasing slightly every July.
Contact your local British Council for more information on your nearest CIPD centre to find out the exact cost associated with these exams.
If you study the full Level 7 Diploma, you’ll be required to sit two in-person exams. If you study the shorter Certificate, you may be required to sit one or both exams depending on which modules you choose to study.
Similarly, if you choose one of the two exam-assessed modules to study as an Award, you’ll need to sit the related exam to achieve your qualification.
Some online CIPD providers include workshops as part of their courses. These can be optional, or a mandatory part of the course. The cost of a workshop can vary greatly, as their duration and course content will be set out by the learning provider.
CIPD Payment Options: How to Fund Your CIPD Qualification
If you’d like to enrol on a CIPD qualification, you can take advantage of these funding options to make your course more affordable:
Interest-Free Payment Plans
Some providers, like us, allow you to spread the cost of your CIPD course into manageable monthly instalments. These interest-free payments can also help you to split your membership fees across the duration of your course.
All you need to do is pay a small deposit and you’ll get access to your CIPD course almost instantly.
View all our CIPD courses for full details of our interest-free payment plans.
If you’d like your employer to fund your course, then we can help. We can invoice your employer directly for your course fees so you can focus on attaining your new qualification.
Check out this blog for helpful templates and tips for asking your boss to cover the cost of training.
CIPD qualifications offer you the opportunity to greatly improve your salary, your career prospects, and your professional capabilities - and with flexible interest-free payment plans to help you spread the cost, they don't have to break the bank.
With the huge benefits it will bring, your CIPD qualification may be the best investment you ever make.
Ready to advance your HR career?
Request your guide to getting CIPD qualified online with unlimited 1:1 tutor support and interest-free plans.